Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bhaktiville--Kartik and Parikrama

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything for a while. Life is happening and it's not always easy to keep up with what I'd like to write.

Kartik has come and we're also celebrating it in Bhaktiville, in SecondLife. My daughter suggested that I post every day what we're doing so that others, who aren't a part of SecondLife, could also share in it. This is very exciting for me as it's redefining our ideas and concepts of our newly emerging global e-Vaishnava community. (Wow, what a sentence!)

So, we've posted a map of Vrndavana and the larger Gokul area, a calendar of our parikrama, videos playing Damodarastakam, words and translation to the song, and an informational note about Kartik. Each day a different little temple on the grounds has a box placed in it with 4 pictures of that day's destination along with a notecard regarding that place, a reference to that place on our map, and a link for further reading.

What I will post here is what we're reading in Bhaktiville. I hope you enjoy them and, if you're not in Vrndavana, that your armchair parikrama is enlightening.

Jaya Srimati Radharani, Kartik Devi Herself!
.
.
.
.

No comments: