Sunday, January 11, 2009

Reflection and pictures

It was great to be in India, in Vrndavana. But it was also horrible. The stink, the trash, feces everywhere, men peeing in the street--I've not seen that much in a looooong time! The only thing I could think of was that it was so gross so that I could see the nectar more clearly. The "hidden Vrndavana" is truely hidden when that is all you see. I was forced to go beyond the gross. Here in the US, at least where I live, everything is very nice--landscaped yards, streets with curbs and sidewalks, nice buildings, clean people. No need to go anywhere else. There's a kind of apathy and languor--this is enough. No need to go beyond it. But suffering is suffering, you will always find it. That's the springboard.

With that aside, I've posted pictures of the trip at Shutterfly. http://toindia2008.shutterfly.com/
.
.
.

No comments: