Saturday, February 14, 2009

Nidhuvana

From my journal:

Went to Nidhuvana, the place where Sri Sri Radha and Krsna sometimes rest after Their night of dancing. Very clean, lots of short trees (or tall shrubs) with clean, dusty dirt all around, with little pathways going in and out and around all over. You can just see the gopis running through them with Krsna.

This is where Haridas performed his bhajan and where he found Banke-behari. [Haridas established the style of singing called dhrupad.] Haridas' samadhi is here, also.

There is a small temple there that I, at first, didn't understand. As I looked at the Deities, I saw Krsna holding a flute and the pujari said that Lalita and Vishakha were on either side. It just seemed weird that Srimati Radharani was missing. The pujari saw that I was confused. He repeated that this is Lalita, this is Vishakha. Finally I realized that it was Radharani with the flute! This is where She stole Krsna's flute! There She was, Radha the flute player.

This is a beautiful little grove. The dirt is very fine and clean. Walked completely around, found more pathways under the trees. Monkeys not really interested in people. Got dusty from paying obeisances and crawling around trying to get through the bushes. Started to brush it off, but thought that was a really stupid idea. I was covered in the dust of Vrndavana, isn't this what we pray for? Tried to spend more time on the ground to get more on me. Such a nice place, strangely magical. If hidden Vrndavana is anywhere, it's here.
.
.
.

No comments: